Last Game Section version: 1.3.1

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with installation
(09-07-2016, 10:35)Jockl Wrote: Looking to your attachment makes me feel, that you haven't installed the latest MyBB version. In the case you have installed MyBB, follow the instructions included in the plugin:
1. Upload the files to the root of your MyBB installation
2. Activate the plugin in the ACP
3. Add games to the Game Section

I have this version installed [Powered By MyBB 1.8.7, © 2002-2016 MyBB Group.] what is the latest version out..

I'll give it a try, but all those files makes it confusing. I know enough to open each of these like admin., inc., jscripts, and install in proper location.. But then I also see Aracde and games, now where do they go? Below all this is arcade.php, games.php, tournament, what do I do with these..

This is when I give up after seeing all these files, so easy for me to blow the board off the earth and never see it again..just takes one wrong spot..

Ron..
If you feel not safe with installing more complex plugins, why don't you use a copy of your forum for any trials (e.g. with XAMPP on your PC). In this case you won't be able to ruin your live forum. Or do a complete file- and database backup before installing the plugin.

But is not as difficult as it seems:
Upload all the folders and php-files of the plugin into your root-folder of the forum (you don't need to upload the txt and md files). Take care if you have changed the name of your admin-folder. If you have renamed it, you have to rename the admin-folder of the plugin accordingly.

Once you uploaded all the files and folders go to you ACP and install the plugin. There are some folders that might need a change in CHMOD but as far as I remember, the plugin will tell you during installation.
No support via PM

(09-07-2016, 15:41)Jockl Wrote: If you feel not safe with installing more complex plugins, why don't you use a copy of your forum for any trials (e.g. with XAMPP on your PC). In this case you won't be able to ruin your live forum. Or do a complete file- and database backup before installing the plugin.

But is not as difficult as it seems:
Upload all the folders and php-files of the plugin into your root-folder of the forum (you don't need to upload the txt and md files). Take care if you have changed the name of your admin-folder. If you have renamed it, you have to rename the admin-folder of the plugin accordingly.

Once you uploaded all the files and folders go to you ACP and install the plugin. There are some folders that might need a change in CHMOD but as far as I remember, the plugin will tell you during installation.

I did my best and lost the ACP after installing. So I reinstalled the mybb 1.8.7 over top of the old version, and the forum came back up the same, and is working minus the arcade..

I am not a computer guy, I lived my life until I was around 65 when I retired I bought a computer and self taught myself..But a lot of items are still new to me and I don't grasp things like the computer generation has..I am 78 and still trying to learn..

I made two attempts at installing the arcade and failed both times..

Until I can find someone to install this for me, I have to give up and move on..

Thanks for trying your best to explain how, I guess I am still a slow learner..

Ron..
You lost the ACP after installing or already after uploading the files and folders?
No support via PM

I'll install it for you if you like.
-ArcadeSection-

Is this Arcade the same as you have on your board..

Email me and I'll give you the information..
Yes it is the same Arcarde.
-ArcadeSection-