Last Game Section version: 1.3.1

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Requesting a few mods
Hi Paretje (and all!),

I was pretty active on this forum four or five years ago, and I absolutely loved my forum's Game Section. Unfortunately, I shut down my forum a few years ago. Now I'm back and building a brand new forum (http://baytowntalkforum.com), and I could use some help with some Game Section mods.

I had asked for these mods back when I had my old forum, and you were kind enough to provide all the code I needed, but I'm worried that code is outdated now since the Game Section and MyBB have both gone through a few versions since then (I actually tried one of the old mods and it broke the page). If you could provide the code for these mods, I would be forever grateful.

My main requests are all the same thing, just for different pages/locations. Currently we feature the game champion in several spots, but we don't include their avatar and their username doesn't link to their forum profile page. I would like to add the avatar and link up their username:

1. In the Best Players section
  2. On the main page in the games list at the bottom
  3. To the right of games (on the actual page the game is played on)
Lastly, and this is more of a bug than a mod, the bullet for the rating stars is misaligned and is off to the right instead of being to the left (see attached image).

Thank you so much for your time. I'm so excited to be building a new forum and including your amazing Game Section. 

Cheers!

Attached Files
.png   game-section-bullet.png (Size: 4,5 KB / Downloads: 26)
"My name will echo in glory through the halls of time for a thousand generations." ~ Anonymous
I forgot to mention adding an "Add to favorites" link on game pages. Currently we have to play a game and submit the score in order to get to the "Add to favorites" link. It would fit nicely with the "Back to the Game Section" and "View high scores" links.

Thanks!
"My name will echo in glory through the halls of time for a thousand generations." ~ Anonymous
Hi dastaten,

welcome back!

(03-03-2017, 05:30)dastaten Wrote: I actually tried one of the old mods and it broke the page
Which code are you talking about? Most of the codes are still working or need some minor modification only.

Unfortunately, I do not really understand what you're looking for in detail with following
(03-03-2017, 05:30)dastaten Wrote:
  1. In the Best Players section
  2. On the main page in the games list at the bottom
  3. To the right of games (on the actual page the game is played on)

(03-03-2017, 05:30)dastaten Wrote: Lastly, and this is more of a bug than a mod, the bullet for the rating stars is misaligned and is off to the right instead of being to the left (see attached image).

It might be a quick & dirty solution only and I haven't check the validity but go to the games_bit template and replace following lines

Code:
<li>
<ul class="star_rating{$not_rated}" style="float:left;" id="rating_thread_{$games['gid']}">
<li style="width: {$games['width']}%" class="current_rating" id="current_rating_{$games['gid']}">{$ratingvotesav}</li>
</ul>
</li>
by
Code:
<ul class="star_rating{$not_rated}" style="float:left;" id="rating_thread_{$games['gid']}">
<li style="width: {$games['width']}%" class="current_rating" id="current_rating_{$games['gid']}">{$ratingvotesav}</li>
</ul>

(03-03-2017, 06:09)dastaten Wrote: I forgot to mention adding an "Add to favorites" link on game pages. Currently we have to play a game and submit the score in order to get to the "Add to favorites" link. It would fit nicely with the "Back to the Game Section" and "View high scores" links.
I don't see this issue. Have a look to the game section here and you will be able to find the "add to favorites" link in the games_bit
No support via PM